RSS
Facebook
Twitter

18/12/14

Diabetes brain atrophy

A new study shows that older people with pre-diabetes, type 2 diabetes often have reduced brain size and intelligence capabilities quickly in just over two years, according to Science Daily.
A team led by Associate Professor Katherine Australia Samara under the Garvan Institute of Medical Research chair and noticed the aging brain easily lead to blood sugar even worse before they can diagnose the diabetes Road type 2.
Although reduced brain volume is normal process of aging, but experts have noticed elderly blood sugar instability and type 2 diabetes lose brain volume 2.5 times higher in 2 year compared with the same age. Reducing the size of frontal lobe greatly affect cognitive function and quality of life.
In the study, experts have compared magnetic resonance images of 312 subjects participated from the beginning to the end of two years of research. These people are between the ages of 70-90 and no dementia. At the start of the study, 41% of which were pre-diabetes and 13% had type 2 diabetes.
At the end of the study, the participants were divided into 4 groups: Persons with glucose stable, normal (group 1, with 102 people), people with prediabetes stable (group 2, 120), people have worsened glucose (group 3, 57) and type 2 diabetes from the first (group 4, 33).
The MRI images show that the first group lost an average of 18.4 cm3 total brain volume in two years. Meanwhile, the second group took 1.4 times group 1 (26.6 cm3). Group 3 and group 4 lost brain volume 2.3 times group 1 (respectively 41.7 and 42.3 cm3 cm3).
The researchers concluded that blood glucose levels after 2 years of a person can be a significant tool to help predict the degree of reduction in brain volume.
"We need to know how to prevent the negative impact of diabetes on the brain," says associate professor Samara.

1 nhận xét:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    Trả lờiXóa